This was a quick, easy and tasty meal. We served the cod with Worcestershire and hot sauce. The corn was canned corn we had made last summer, just broiled on high in with salt and cajun seasoning in an oiled baking pan. The cod was from our Cape Ann Fresh Catch CSF distribution, and oh was it lovely and fresh!
Cornmeal Cod (serves 4):
- 1 lb cod
- 2/3 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Mix cornmeal and salt together, put in a bowl.
- Cut cod into whatever size pieces you’d like.
- Roll in cornmeal salt mix.
- Cook in a pan on the stove on medium heat until done (flaky and opaque).
- Serve with Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salsa, or whatever favorite sauce.
The salad had a green dressing which is super easy to make and utilizes some of the seasonal items you can find, such as green garlic and scallions.
Green Dressing (serves 4):
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 clove of green garlic
- 2 scallions, washed and chopped
- dash of soy sauce
Blend all ingredients until smooth. Enjoy!
We had some more gingerbread loving tonight with it just plain with butter on top, drizzled with molasses… mmmm good.