This week’s share from Cape Ann’s Fresh Catch CSF is COD.
We made a yummy fish casserole utilizing some of the greens we’ve had around by modifying a recipe from “The Taste of Gloucester” cookbook.
Fish and Greens Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound of cod (or other white fish), chopped into big pieces
- 2 shallots
- 1 tbsp oil (sunflower oil for us)
- 1 pound of greens washed and chopped (hakurai turnip, kohlrabi, mizuni, or any other good bitter greens, even spinach)
- 2 medium potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 1/2 pound shredded cheese (we used monterey jack that we had, but cheddar would work great, or any other good melting cheese)
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Saute fish and shallot in oil for 5-10 minutes.
- Cook greens until wilted.
- Combine fish, potatoes and egg with salt and pepper to taste, and layer on the bottom of an oiled baking pan.
- Layer greens on top of fish mixture.
- Layer shredded cheese on top of greens.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes at 350 F.
- Serve with side salad and mustard.