This is one of our favorite ways to eat lots of spinach and dill. The rice dish becomes a hearty stew, and if you cook it in the crock pot (as we used to) it becomes an amazing oh so gooey texture that you cannot beat. It tastes good hot, cold and preferably lukewarm.
Greek Rice Recipe:
- 2 shallots skinned and chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound of spinach washed and torn with your bare hands
- 2 tbsp of tomato paste
- 1 large bunch of chopped dill
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Cook shallots in olive oil in a big pot, for 2 minutes.
- Add the mound of spinach, mix and saute for about 5 minutes, until spinach is wilted.
- Add dill, tomato paste, water, and salt, stir to mix, and bring to a boil.
- Add rice, once boiling.
- Stir, bring to a boil again.
- Set to simmer for 1 hour covered. Make sure it doesn’t get too dry, add liquid to keep it ‘stewy’.
- Stir, serve with fresh pepper on top and slices of dill chevre.
The salad, we just put some slices of raw kohlrabi and snap peas on top of lettuce with a simple dressing and garnished with……