What am I presently eating for lunch?
India spiced potatoes, channa masala with paneer, and deconstructed raita.
What is and isn’t local?
- Potato (Red Fire Farm)
- Onion and Shallot (Red Fire Farm)
- Spring Garlic (Amherst Farmer’s Market– crap, we didn’t keep track of from which produce farms!)
- Garlic (Red Fire Farm)
- Paneer (Sidehill Farm, and mmm is it good!)
- Cucumber (Amherst Farmer’s Market)
- Yogurt (Sidehill Farm again)
- Butter (Sidehill Farm again…. and yum again!)
- Chickpeas (Local source of chickpeas, anyone?)
- Tomato paste (can make it local this year)
- Ginger (there is a local farm for that…)
- Spices (troubling)
- Carrot (not in season, however potentially storage local in the future)
- Tad of boullion (can make our own…)
- Lemon juice (local source? anyone?)